If you are an archer, then you know the importance of keeping your bow clean. Not only does it make it more accurate, but it also helps to prevent corrosion. In this blog post, we will discuss how to clean your archery bow and some of the best products to use. We will also cover some of the common problems that archers experience with their bows and how to fix them. Keep reading for more information!
What you’ll need
To clean your bow you’ll need:
- A soft cloth or brush
- Bowstring lubricant
- Bow wax (optional)
How to clean your bowstring
1. Start by brushing the string with a soft brush or cloth to remove any dirt and dust that has accumulated.
2. Then, apply a few drops of bowstring lubricant along the length of the string, using your fingers to spread it out evenly. Allow it to dry completely before continuing.
3. Once your string is dry, you can add some bow wax for extra protection and shine if desired. Rub it in with your fingers or a soft cloth until it is fully absorbed into the string.
4. Finally, inspect your bow for any signs of wear or damage, such as fraying strings or worn cams. If you find any issues, consult an archery expert for advice on how to fix them.
How to clean your bow limbs
1. Start by brushing off any dirt and dust from your bow limbs with a soft cloth or brush.
2. Using an old toothbrush, gently scrub away any grime that has built up on the limbs using a mixture of warm water and mild soap.
3. Once the limbs are clean, dry them off using a clean cloth and inspect them for any signs of damage or wear. If you find any issues, consult an archery expert for advice on how to fix them.
4. Finally, use some rubbing alcohol to remove any excess residue from the bow limbs and let it dry completely before you re-string it.
How to clean your bow riser and sights
1. Start by cleaning the bow riser and sights with a soft cloth or brush to remove any dirt and dust that has accumulated.
2. Then, using an old toothbrush and a mixture of warm water and mild soap, gently scrub away any grime that may have built up on the riser or sights.
3. Once you’ve finished scrubbing, be sure to dry off the riser and sights with a clean cloth before re-attaching them to your bow.
How to store your bow properly
1. When you’re done shooting, make sure to wipe down your bow with a dry cloth to remove any dirt or moisture.
2. Then, store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
3. Finally, if you won’t be using your bow for an extended period of time, be sure to unstring it and store the string neatly and safely in its own bag or container.
Archery is an enjoyable activity that can help improve your accuracy and focus, but like all sports equipment, it requires regular maintenance and care to stay in top condition. By following these simple steps on how to clean your archery bow, you can ensure that it will remain in good condition for many years to come. You can also consult an archery expert if you have any doubts or questions about the steps outlined above.