How to Make an Archery Target
What you will need
-A piece of cardboard
-A sharp knife
1. First, you need to find a piece of cardboard that is big enough for your target. Once you have found the perfect piece of cardboard, use your knife to cut it into the shape of a circle.
2. Next, you need to take your masking tape and create a bulls eye on your target. To do this, simply start by taping the middle of your target with a piece of tape. Then, continue adding pieces of tape around the first piece until you have created a bulls eye that is about 6 inches in diameter.
3. Once your bulls eye is complete, you need to use your pencil to draw a line around the edge of each piece of tape. This will help you keep your lines straight when you are cutting out your target.
4. Now, it is time to cut out your target! Using your scissors, carefully cut along the lines that you drew in step three. Be sure to cut through all of the layers of tape so that your target is completely cut out.
5. Finally, you need to staple the edges of your target together. Simply fold over the edge of one side of your target and staple it to the other side. Continue doing this until all of the edges are stapled together and your target is complete!
Tips and tricks
-If you want to make your target more durable, you can laminate it after you have cut it out.
-You can also use different colors of tape to create a more colorful target.
-If you are having trouble cutting out your target, you can always use a hole punch to make small holes around the edge of each piece of tape. Then, all you need to do is connect the holes with a piece of string and your target will be perfectly cut out!
-Can I use a different type of cardboard?
-Yes! You can use any type of cardboard that you like. Just be sure that it is strong enough to withstand being hit by arrows.
-Do I have to laminate my target?
-No, you don’t have to laminate your target. However, it will help it last longer if you do.
-Can I use a different type of tape?
-Yes! You can use any type of tape that you like. Just be sure that it is strong enough to hold up your target.
That’s it! You now know how to make an archery target. With this simple guide, you’ll be able to create a durable target that will last for years. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start practicing your shots!